Rain part 6.
Her heart thumping louder than the rain pelting the truck’s roof.
“ Anne…”
“ Jack…..”
*********
The rain outside her bedroom window, had turn into a drizzle.
“ Jack…..”
“ Yes……”
“ I know there is no rain in heaven, but if there ever were…would you….. think about me and our rain…..?” she whispered.
“ I think about you all the time, Anne, “ Jack assured her.
The drizzle out of her window had come to a complete stop.
“ I miss you, Jack,” she said. And she mean it with all her heart. Jack was her lover, her life. He had brought happiness back to her when she never knew she had lost it in the first place.
“ I miss you, too,” Jack said.
Outside her window, a weak ray of western sun suddenly appeared, turning the water droplets on the wet grass and leafs into gold, a sign that her grip on Jack existence would dissipate soon. How much she wished he were here with her, holding her in a flesh, feel the warmth of his body and his breath. His large calluses hands touching her skin. “ Miss you, Jack. Very, very, much. “
Then she heard the sound of light footsteps on the soft carpet entering her bedroom and the familiar voice…..
“ Anne, there you are. I’ve been looking all over for you.”
Anne turned to face the owner of the voice. Found her husband of thirty- two years, smiling at her. She smiled back,”Hi, Tom. “
…….to be continue next week or sooner………

No comments:
Post a Comment